We love Frisco Melts from Steak N’ Shake in Indiana! Unfortunately not only do we not have Steak N’ Shake’s on the west coast, but Frisco Melts wouldn’t exactly fit into our meal plan right now. So instead, I made my own guiltless version at home.
- 8 Slices 45 Calorie Whole Grain Bread (Sara Lee)
- 4 Extra Lean Beef Patties (Trader Joe’s)
- 4 T. Ketchup (Heinz Organic)
- 4 T. Free Thousand Island Dressing (Kraft)
- 4 Cheese Slices (Kraft Fat Free Singles)
I cook the patties on my griddle, flip them and add a cheese slice to each a minute before they’re done.
Mix the ketchup and thousand island dressing together.
Toast the bread, add a patty and divide the sauce onto each sandwich.
Makes 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 sandwich, Calories: 312, Fat: 6, Carbs: 30, Protein: 36, Sugar: 5
Andrew usually goes for a double patty version 🙂
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (with 2 patties and extra cheese), Calories: 492, Fat: 11, Carbs: 32, Protein: 66, Sugar: 6