Since September, we’ve been following the 20/20 plan through our gym and I’ve tried to come up with some creative ways to have something that feels like comfort food but doesn’t throw us completely off track. One of these successes was Pigs in a Blanket. You only need 3 ingredients and the hardest part is rolling out a little pizza dough (that’s already whole wheat and made for you). Win!
4 Chicken Hot Dogs (Trader Joe’s)
2 Slices Provolone Cheese (cut in half)
2 Servings (4 oz) Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Roll out the pizza dough per the instructions on the package
3. Use a pizza cutter to slice the pizza dough in fourths
4. Take 1/2 a provolone slice, 1 chicken hot dog and roll it up with the pizza dough.
5. Do this will the remaining three hot dogs and place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12
We eat them with a mound of vegetables and some spicy mustard. Yum!
Makes 2 Servings, Serving Size: 2 hot dogs, Calories: 350, Fat: 14.5, Carbs: 23, Protein: 22, Fiber: 4, Sugar: 0.5